Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Public Library!

This week I actually made it to our local library. I sometimes forget the resources we have right at our fingertips. I have wanted to buy a few books ever since getting my new camera but just haven't wanted to spend the money. The way things are with the economy, it is getting harder to justify spending on the wants of life and I have really had to start thinking about the necessities and figure out creative ways to have my wants without spending a bunch of money. Anyway, back to what I was saying about resources, Monday I had a few minutes to kill while waiting on my son to get out of school, and I didn't want to spend a dime anywhere. Ah ha! The library, I can check to see what kind of books are available on photography (my #1 hobby right now) and check to see what our library has to offer as far as genealogy (my #2 hobby when #1 needs a break). Wow! Checked out some great books and found that our small county library has a genealogy room. I don't know why I haven't thought about checking there before. Major Duh on my part.

I think we make our lives so complicated sometimes with all the conveniences we have around us that we forget that we can simplify things and save our selves money at the same time. Why spend all that money on books that you aren't planning on keeping when you can just borrow and return it. http://www.morgan.public.lib.ga.us/

No comments:

Post a Comment